Arrive to the test no less than thirty minutes before the scheduled start time in order to register and pay the $45 testing fee (cash only). Remember to bring a government issued photo ID.
Note: It is not necessary to register prior to arriving. Please see the calendar for testing dates. Click here for calendar.
Testing will take place in the Adult Education Center Building at the main campus. Please look for the signs as you come down the driveway. The Adult Education Center building is the first building on the left.
Ohio's ASPIRE programs provide FREE services for individuals who need assistance acquiring the skills to be successful in post-secondary education and training and employment. Collins Career Technical Center ASPIRE program offers classes at flexible locations and times to meet the diverse needs of adult learners. We encourage you to enroll in our FREE program to help you prepare for WorkKeys®.
Services related to WorkKeys® preparation available through our program include:
- Basic math, reading and writing skills
- Transition services – helping students develop essential skills for employment and post-secondary
- Life skills, employability skills and computer literacy
- Distance Education - enhancing learning using technology
The WorkKeys® assessments include the following:
- Applied Math: Measures critical thinking, mathematical reasoning and problem-solving techniques for situations that actually occur in today’s workplace. While students can use calculators and conversion tables to help with the problems on the assessment, math skills are still needed to think them through.
- Graphic Literacy: Measures the skills needed to locate, synthesize and use information from workplace graphics. In today’s world, data comes in a variety of formats. From charts to graphs, diagrams to floor plans, identifying what information is being presented and understanding how to use it are critical to success.
- Workplace Documents: Measures the skills people need when they read and use written texts such as memos, letters, directions, signs, notices, bulletins, policies and regulations on the job.
Contact us today to start preparing for success.
ASPIRE Program Locations and Times:
Collins Career Technical Center
11627 State Route 243
Chesapeake, OH 45619
(740) 867-6641 Ext 442
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
One Stop - Lawrence County OhioMeansJobs
120 N Third Street
Ironton, Ohio 45638
(740) 867-6641 Ext 442
Monday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday-Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Please call 1(740)867-6641 EXT 442 to schedule an appointment at either location.